Friday, May 3, 2013

a buggy

(the following conversation kept circling around in my skull last night for some reason.)

cowboy< howdy.

adam< howdy to you.
cowboy< beautiful evenin'.
adam< yeah.
cowboy< sure wanna thank ya fer comin' all the way up here to see me from that nice hotel downtown. 
adam< no problem- what's on your mind?
cowboy< well now!  here's a man who wants to get right down to it!  kinda anxious to get to it, are ya?
adam< whatever.
cowboy< a man's attitude... a man's attitude goes some ways... the way his life will be.  is that somethin' you might agree with?
adam< sure.
cowboy< now did you answer because that's what you thought I wanted to hear, or did you think about what I said, and answer, because you truly believe that to be right?
adam< I agree with what you said... truly.
cowboy< what'd I say?
adam< that a man's attitude determines to a large extent how his life will be.
cowboy< so since you agree, you must be a person who does not... care about the good life.
adam< how's that?
cowboy< well stop for a little second... and think about it.  can you do that for me?
adam< (laughs) ok.  I'm thinkin'.
cowboy< no, you're not thinkin'.  you're too busy bein' a smart alek to be thinkin'.  now I want you to think, and stop bein' a smart alek.  can you try that for me?
adam< look- where is this going?  or what do you want me to do?
cowboy< there's sometimes a buggy... how many drivers does a buggy have?
adam< one.
cowboy< so let's just say I'm drivin' this buggy.  and if you fix your attitude, you can ride along with me...

(it circled deep, long, and extremely late both into the night and my skull.)  


(((((((((((( (((  )))))))))))  (  (( (((((((((   ()))))))))))))))))))) )))))))))))))))))))(((((((((((((            ))))))))) (    (  )))  )()((   )))) ( ( (( ((( )) )   ) ) ) ) ) ) (   ( )  ) ))))( ( ( )))))  (the reasons became clear eventually but I was loathe to acknowledge them.)   )))))))))))  (( ) )))))))))))(((((((((((  ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) (((((((((((())))))))))))))))  ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))     (((((((((((((((((   ((((((((((((((( ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((  )))))))))  ))))))))))))))))))))))))   ((((((((((((   ) )))))))))))))))))