Sunday, April 14, 2013

vapor

(another email from rick)

why is this happening?
nobody knows why this is happening.

could you please tell william I'm ok?
even though I'm not ok?

just kidding.  not really.
I'm way way better than ok.
it really has helped to leave the u.s. for awhile.
I'm drifting around eastern europe right now.
I still have a "home base" of sorts in russia.
everything pretty much worked out as planned
in regards to the house-sitting gig.
I'm picking up a few foreign languauges
and then quietly putting them back.
this nomadic life is weird.
but centralized life is weird also.
I have time for everything.
for the first time in my life I have time for everything.

since I've been away I've been going by the name evan raymer.  an arbitrary decision.  not really sure why I did it.  it blends in a bit better.  I can move through cities like vapor.  tell william that I'm deeply grateful for his patience and openness.  I've been lucky beyond all expectation.  to the point where I'm not sure what's appropriate to expect anymore- some days it seems like nothing.  other days it seems like the opposite.  

-evan